Thursday, March 25, 2010

Google Sites: Frustrating or Downright Irritating?

Disclaimer: I could work on my Google Site all day, everyday! It is so much fun! I created a website when I was in middle school using Angelfire. (It was the cool think to do then!) This site creator is rather simple and lacks the quality that exists today. When I was a sophomore in college I took a class in which we had to create a classroom website for our "class." We had to use a program for creating websites. Now, I used Google Site to create a website and I am addicted! It was a lot of fun. I am someone who would much rather search through options and explore on my own instead of looking towards a help book. I thought Google Sites was pretty easy to use with the few tips provided in our syllabus. I am still a little stumped about how to get rid of the picture on the sidebar on the left. That is NOT me and my two children. The other picture in the middle of the page is me and my boyfriend. Can anyone else change that? I believe websites are very useful for special education teachers. They can certainly use it to connect to parents, students, teachers and administrators, and other individuals in the community. Teachers are also able to post, share, and learn from websites they visit and articles they read. The teacher can then post these resources for others to use and learn from. For special education teachers this is a great way to organize student's work and keep in constant contact with all parents/guardians. Lastly, the teacher can use their website as a secondary or other way to present information for students. PowerPoints can be posted after they are presented and articles that were handed out can also be posted. This ensures that students who may not be the most organized or who need to read things more than once will learn just as well as their peers. Here is a link to my website: https://sites.google.com/a/baypath.edu/ms-sarah-s-classroom/

No comments:

Post a Comment