Thursday, April 8, 2010
Microsoft Word Experience
I think Microsoft Word has great potential for use in primary, secondary, and post-secondary education. There are so many possibilities with the program and the products that can be made. Book reports with pictures, research papers with citations and footnotes, scientific and mathematical graphs, and story books with pictures. This means all grade levels can use Microsoft Word for classwork and homework.
I believe Microsoft Word has a lot of classroom potential. Beginning in the early grades, students can learn how to use the computer and work on projects. One of my biggest concern with the use of computers in primary classrooms is how they are used and when the children are using them. I find a lot of primary classrooms have no computers or have six computers but are only used for busy work. I think Microsoft Word should be used in the classroom with all subjects, with monitored computer time, and effectiveness and learning constantly tested. I can certainly see potential of using this in the classroom.
While I have not yet tackled the newsletter, I have completed the flyer in which I tried a few new things. Although I have a lot of experience with Microsoft Word for newsletters, reports, assignments, and projects there are things I learned this week which I never tried. I used some of the AutoShapes and included a text box inside of them. This works great to draw attention to the paper and highlights the important information. Like many people mentioned before, so many flyers get tossed without being looked at. I believe my flyer will attract people's eyes and only include pertinent information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment